Hockey Director / Youth Hockey Leader Program - USAH
Open to Hockey Directors, Hockey Administrators, and all youth hockey leaders, this course is presented by USA Hockey’s Hockey Development and Program Services staff. This course will provide attendees with tools and strategies to manage a successful hockey season by incorporating Long Term Athlete Development and Coach Development principals. Participants will interact with USA Hockey staff and industry experts to discuss the essentials of managing a successful Youth Hockey Organization.
Workshops and presentations will give attendees an opportunity to take a more in depth look at relevant programming, best practices and proven strategies to grow and sustain your youth hockey participation. Focusing on the following topics, the course is designed to provide your customers with the best possible youth sports experience.
- Duties and responsibilities of an effective Hockey Director/Youth Hockey leader
- Establishing Club Culture through customer service, partnering with parents, and developing relationships with officials
- Organizational structure: Staffing, season planning and scheduling
- Membership Growth and Retention
- Leadership training on volunteer recruitment and training
- Utilizing USA Hockey resources: Coach Education, Club Excellence, and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives
- Coach Development: Evaluating the effectiveness of your coaches, Coach Mentorship and Education
- Plus more real world applications
Additional Discussion Topics: USA Hockey: programming from the grassroots up • American Development Model: How it works and what is offered to assist programs and clubs • The how, what, when, where and why of programming • Building your off-ice training program • Networking and round table discussions with peers and ADM Managers from across the country
Questions? Contact Dan Jablonic at [email protected]