The Ohio State University– Columbus, OH
Assistant Manager, Ice Rink – Full-time, Term - $19/hr.
The Ohio State University is seeking an Assistant Manager, Ice Rink to join our team. This position assists in ice maintenance, management and operations within the OSU Ice Rink. Maintain high quality ice, logos and lines; operate Zamboni ice resurfacer according to ice maintenance and usage schedule; power edge and patch as necessary; maintain and repair dasher system and glass; maintain Zamboni ice resurfacers; and maintain a clean and organized maintenance area. Monitor/Read/Record ice floor and ice surface temperature, air temperature and humidity levels, and other ice plant performance metrics and service records and make adjustments when necessary. Install/Remove ice surface including logos and lines, dashers, glass and protective netting. Supervise student and/or on-call event and/or maintenance staff. Ensure adherence to facility usage policies and procedures. Interact positively with facility users/public. This position works in a creative and collaborative team environment where change is embraced and innovation is encouraged.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
High school education or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree desired. Mechanical knowledge and ability to operate large equipment required. Some experience or training in ice rink operations desired. Customer service experience desired. Nights, weekends and some holidays required.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, December 16, 2018.
All interested candidates must complete an on-line application for job requisition #444579 at http://jobs.osu.edu.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
The Ohio State University Ice Rink
390 Woody Hayes Dr.
Columbus, OH 43210
Phone: (614) 292-4154
Posting End Date: 12/16/18
Job Title: Social Media Marketing Manager
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Location: National Office - Colorado Springs, Colo.
The Social Media Marketing Manager is responsible for the creation, development, execution and evaluation of on-going social media strategies to support the United States Ice Rink Association’s business objectives. The Social Media Marketing Manager is the lead in developing the brand/marketing strategy and creating maximum value through participation in social marketing/media and member engagement. As such, the Social Media Marketing Manager is the brand voice of the organization as expressed through all social media channels, and the organization website. Responsible for ensuring active and engaged contributors on private member-only communities as well as external social media channels, this position develops and manages all areas of social media from ongoing strategies to ensuring editorial calendars are created and implemented, monitoring online conversations and participating in those conversations to build brand visibility and industry leadership.
This position requires an individual who combines the skills of an editor and online marketing professional with the organization and tactical execution of an experienced project manager. Additionally, this position will work to ensure alignment between social media content and website content. The Social Media Marketing Manager must be able to function in a fast-paced dynamic environment providing leadership, clear direction and feedback with co-workers, board members and external partners (as needed).
Additional responsibilities include coordinating with co-workers to ensure consistency in voice and messaging throughout the social media space, and working across the organization to develop a library of resources for social media as well as identifying new opportunities. This is a very hands-on position that will require existing knowledge of the social media space, tools of communication, SEO/SEM and the metrics and benchmarks with which to measure effectiveness.
• Develop social media strategy and implementation plan for organization. Responsible for managing the implementation plan once it is approved.
• Develop KPIs and weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting on social media performance metrics.
• Create content calendars and write necessary copy (e.g. headlines, updates, Tweets, etc.) by social media platform and manage regularly scheduled posts.
• Manage and monitor posts, track responses and ensure a proper escalation process will be followed as necessary. Will develop process and manage crisis communications and work through potential challenging online interface in social media communities with followers or contributors.
• Monitor and participate in online communities and external websites. Identify and respond to new opportunities as appropriate.
• Collaborate with co-workers to identify new opportunities for social media content. Develop a communication process to ensure a central point for social media content and a clear understanding of social media activities.
• Align social media updates with website updates to ensure content is up-to-date and consistent across both types of communication platforms.
• Proactively manage social media projects and deadlines, ensuring the COO is kept up to date on activities and project statuses.
• Other duties as assigned
• A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or a related field is preferred.
• Social Media: Minimum three (3) years of social media experience that includes managing and growing private communities as well as monitoring and responding to external social media sites or equivalent experience. This individual must have experience effectively leading the implementation of social media activities and campaigns, while evaluating results on an ongoing basis. They should also have a track record of growing and managing social media communities. It is essential to understand the social marketing space and be able to identify and communicate social media opportunities across the organization, create a plan for those opportunities and implement them. A strong grasp of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram platforms and other popular social media sites including: account set up and creation, managing back end interface and analytics extraction.
• Marketing / Communications: A background in public relations is strongly desired. The role requires a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the marketing / communications field, including in-depth experience with developing strategy, research and analytical skills, project management and copy writing. Website development and management as well as Internet marketing and knowledge and experience in the multimedia formats required. Experience working collaboratively with a variety of internal clients and in managing complex multi-departmental relationships.
• Industry: Experience in the ice rink and/or ice sports industry is preferred. Social Media experience in a consumer-facing organization is required. Supervisory experience is also preferred.
Technical / Functional Skills:
• Social Media: Must be a social media innovator and guru with demonstrated ability to develop, build and grow dynamic active communities. Ability to create strategies and implement them based on available resources. Should be very familiar with the tools of communication, from forums, to blogs, podcasts, videos, social bookmarking, etc. and understand the language and jargon that is used across communities/platforms.
• Project Management: Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously is required.
• Communication: Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication, editing and experience as “the voice of the brand.” Ability to understand the brand and culture as well as the audience and develop a consistent tone. Experience in crisis communications and ability to work through potential challenging online interface in social media communities with followers or contributors.
• Marketing: Possess both strategic and analytic skills. Strategy, project management, internal consulting interpersonal skills, communication, leadership skills with strong analytical and technical abilities. Ability to understand and communicate to all stakeholders concerning social media as a tool, process and strategy – both from a recruiting/sales and marketing perspective. Additionally, the ability to determine newsworthy and pertinent content to share with social media communities.
• Must be a dynamic go-getter, self-starter who wakes up every day excited about social media as a customer lifecycle management platform.
• Experience with social media management systems (e.g. Hootsuite, HubSpot, Buffer, etc.) is required.
• Understand the strategy, processes and practical implementation involved in social media, marketing, online marketing, experience with website content development, and demonstrated ability to work with collaborative teams across non-related departments to bring projects to fruition.
• Cubicle in a multi-level building
• Standard office equipment
• Work schedule may include nights, weekends and holidays
• Travel up to 15% of time
• Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time salaried position with an excellent benefit package
• Position to begin in January 2019 at the United States Ice Rink Association national office in Colorado Springs, CO
To apply, email a letter of application, current resume and a list of references to:
Jeff Theiler, Chief Operating Officer at
by December 21, 2018
No phone calls, please.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based only on job-related factors.
Building Maintenance II / Zamboni Driver
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
Environmental Job Requirements
Education / Experience
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.
Utah Olympic Oval
5662 South Cougar Lane
Kearns, UT 84118
Phone: (435) 658-4218
Posting End Date: 12/31/18
Athletic Facilities, Events & Ice Rink Operations Manager
Locations: Worcester, MA
Posted: Nov 08, '18
ABOUT COLLEGE OF THE HOLY CROSS:
Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation's leading liberal arts institutions. A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of 2,800 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous, personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
Holy Cross highly values the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work at The College is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members--students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to diversity is an important feature of the Holy Cross education. Informed by the presence of diverse interpretations of the human experience, Holy Cross is building a community marked by freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support our values of diversity and inclusiveness. Job candidates of all diverse backgrounds who embrace the open and inclusive culture of Holy Cross are welcome and encourage to apply.
The Athletic Facilities, Events & Ice Rink Operations Manager position is an integral part of the Athletic Facilities & Operations staff, overseeing facility management and operations of the ice rink; as well as other athletic facilities and event management responsibilities. This position reports directly to the Associate Director of Athletics for Facilities, Operations & Events.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
This is an Exempt level, full time position.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
A member of both the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA) and Boston Consortium.
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to:
In addition to a resume, please include a cover letter.
Should you be a candidate for further consideration after search committee review, you will be contacted by a human resources representative.
Additional Ad Info
The Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex
The College of the Holy Cross
1 College Street
Worcester, MA 01610
Phone: (508) 793-3735
Posting End Date: 01/15/2019
Facilities Maintenance Technician
The Chiller Ice Rinks operates 6 ice rinks in Columbus, Ohio and surrounding areas.
We are looking to add to our Back of House team with a Facilities Maintenance Technician -- must have experience and certification in HVAC, electrician skills also preferred.
For job description and additional Info click below:
The Chiller Ice RInks
7001 Dublin Park Dr
Dublin, OH 43016
Phone: (614) 791-9999 Ext.156
Posting End Date: 01/05/2019
The Glacier Ice Arena is looking for a Backup Driver for Evenings and Weekends. Hours will vary from week to week.
Please contact Chris Howarth at Chowarth@glacierskate.com if you are interested.
Glacier Ice Arena
670 Lakeview Parkway
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Phone: (847) 362-1222
Posting End Date: 01/01/19
Through its Sports Education 101 program, the Nashville Predators offer full-time college students the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in sport management, make professional connections in the industry, and earn college credit at the same time! The Preds are seeking an energetic individual who is enthusiastic and committed to learning about the industry from professionals and executives at Bridgestone Arena in addition to administering Skating programs at Ford Ice Center for the Scott Hamilton Skating Academy - Spring internship program (January - May). Please read below for requirements and description.
Nashville Predators/Ford Ice Center Internship Requirements
Scott Hamilton Skating Academy Internship
This position supports the Ford Ice Center’s Learn-to-Skate Manager in all aspects of preparation and execution of grassroots skating and sport programming and initiatives, such as Learn to Skate classes, in-house competitions, special events, and various on-ice programming at Ford Ice Center and Bridgestone Arena. Additionally, FIC is hosting the 2018 Eastern Great Lakes Regional Championships in October, the fall intern’s responsibilities also include the opportunity of working alongside the board of the Scott Hamilton Skating Club and US Figure Skating.
Primary responsibility is to provide day-to-day administrative support to the department, including responding to general inquiries through email and phone in addition to maintaining registration databases.
We are looking to fill the Spring 2019 for full-time interns with an early January start date.
Please apply through www.teamworkonline.com;
No phone calls/emails please.
The Santa Fe, NM Ice Arena is currently looking for 2 full time Lead Rink Attendants.
$13.00 an hour, union position with great city benefits.
The right candidate can be hired in an emergency capacity, which means you could start by October 1, 2018.
For details, contact:
Tom Miller - Ice Arena Manager
Genoveva Chavez Community Center (GCCC)
3221 Rodeo Road
Santa Fe, NM 87507
Phone: (505) 955-4031
For facility information, go to: www.chavezcenter.com
Posting End Date: Ongoing
Merrimack College – Lawler & Gallant Arena
Ice Resurface Operator/ Maintenance Positions, Under the supervision of the Rink General Manager, maintain all equipment, including the ice surface and ensures facility safety for employees and patrons.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Work Environment & Conditions:
Work Is Performed In Several Settings
Machines & Equipment Used:
Salary to be discussed – will be based upon experience of the applicant
If interested please contact:
Office # (978) 837-5316
Posting End Date: 12/31/2018
Our 17th annual educational conference and trade show will take place May 21-24, 2019 in Buffalo, NY. NARCE gives you the unique opportunity to expand your knowledge and network with professionals from around North America. Registration starts January 1, 2019Learn More